This pin commemorates the B-24 Liberator long-range heavy bomber that was used during World War II by the U.S. and British air forces in the European theater and near the end of the was in the Pacific Theater against the Japanese. The B-24 Liberator was designed by the Consolidated Aircraft Company in response to the U.S. Army Air Force (USAAF) requirement for a four-engined heavy bomber and was powered by four air-cooled radial engines and had a spacious boxlike fuselage slung beneath a high wing, a tricycle landing gear, and a twin tail assembly.
The first version of the B-24 Liberator considered battle-worthy by the USAAF was the B-24D, with turbo-supercharged engines and powered turrets mounting twin 0.50-inch (12.7-mm) machine guns on the upper fuselage and tail. Subsequent models acquired additional armament, and the B-24H and J models, which began entering service in early 1944, added powered nose and belly turrets and sported a total of 10 0.50-inch machine guns.
See our World War 2 commemorative aircraft pins at https://republicapparel.net/product-category/world-war-2-aircraft/